Instructions to advanced school applicants
The International Society for Neurochemistry organizes Advanced Schools in Neurochemistry to educate and support young scientists and to help them to get connected.
- The School is open for young scientists, i.e. graduate students and young postdocs with MD or PhD up to 4 years after graduation, as of March 1 of the year for which they apply for the award.
- For the successful applicants the ISN will provide free access to the School including accommodation, meals and transfers.
- A limited number of travel grants is available, but will be given preferentially to students from underpriviledged countries. Please indicate in your application form if you want to apply for an Advanced School travel grant.
- Applicants must be first (presenting) author of a submitted abstract.
- Applicants should not have received an Advanced School grant from ISN previously.
- No more than two applicants from any laboratory may apply.
Step One: Sign in to your MyISN account or create one at: My ISN Sign In
Step Two: If you are not yet an ISN member apply for ISN membership. Click on Become a member within your MyISN account. Your membership application needs to be approved before you can apply for the advanced school. As a student or postdoc member you will be able to use the free registration (See below).
If you are already an ISN member please make sure that you have renewed your membership for this year.
Step Three: Register for the ISN meeting and submit your abstract.
To register simply go to meeting registration and follow the instructions. On the second page you will find a section for free travel award and advanced school registration. If you are a student or postdoc member you will be able to use this free registration. Full members are NOT elegible for the free registration. As a full member please use the discounted member registration. The deadline for the free registration is the same as for your advanced school application.
Be aware that in case your advanced school application gets rejected your free registration will be cancelled and you will be invited to re-register with a paid registration, if you still like to participate the main meeting. If you do not submit an advanced school or a travel award application your free registration and abstract will be cancelled as well!
Alternatively you may instantly choose a paid registration. In case your advance school application gets rejected your registration will remain active with a paid registration. In case it is accepted the registration fee will be reimbursed.
After your meeting registration is completed you can submit your abstract in the abstract section of the meeting overview page of your MyISN account.
Step Four: After you have registered and submitted your abstract you will have access to the advanced school application form. You'll find the advanced school application form as well on the meeting overview page.
Step Five: The online advanced school application form will collect general information and request that you (or a supporting supervisor/PI) upload, in PDF format, the following documents (How to convert MS Word Documents to PDF Documents?):
- A Letter of Application containing a statement about your career goals and how attending the ISN advanced school will support these career goals.
- A signed Letter of Recommendation from your Ph.D. advisor or another senior scientist familiar with your research. Use the build-in function to send an upload invitation to this scientist to let him/her upload a Letter of recommendation for you.
Step Six: Continuosly save/submit your application and review it for accuracy. You will be able to edit it until the application process closes. As soon as all required information is entered the application will switch to the status "finished". If the last missing item of your application is the invited upload then your application will switch to finished as soon as the file was uploaded by the invited scientist.
For any questions regarding your application, please contact ISN Secretariat.