Category 2B Grants provide funds to support for those from eligible countries to attend scientific workshops/training courses/ satellite meetings in either a developed or developing country.
Applications for attending a regular style meeting/conference (for example SFN, FENS) are NOT eligible.
Moreover, applications for travel to ISN-sponsored schools will not be considered by CAEN since such travel fellowships are reviewed by a separate ISN committee.
To be eligible for funding, the meeting must not commence until 2 months after a CAEN committee deadline. Acceptance at a meeting does not necessarily imply eligibility for funding. Batch applications will not be accepted. Applications to scientific workshops will be judged on their individual merit. Each applicant should apply individually and not through a meeting organizer.
This category is primarily intended for Ph.D. students (typically in the mid to latter part of their candidature) and early career researchers.
The Category 2B application form (below) requests:
1) Name, location and dates of the meeting
2) Letter of support from the applicant's home institution
3) Detailed budget of expenses for which funds are requested
4) Title and type (i.e., oral, poster, etc.) of presentation the applicant will make of their research
5) The expected benefit to the applicant and their institution
6) Curriculum vitae information
7) Letter of acceptance from the meeting organizers
Upon approval of an application:
- A letter of acceptance from the meeting organisers is required before the funds are released
- The full amount will be paid directly to the Awardee, to their individual account;
- ONLY CAEN awardees who have renewed their membership for the current year are eligible to receive the financial support.
- Awardees must provide a photograph of themselves at the relevant workshop attended (must be submitted within two months of awardee completing their visit)
Awards will generally be in the range of $250 - $2,000 (US dollars).
Application Form Category 2B - click here
Eligibility Requirements, click here