ISN is the only international society with neurochemistry as main focus and is striving to promote all relevant aspects of molecular and cellular neuroscience.
Join ISN now to become part of the ISN community, connecting people around the globe and across neurochemical specialties.
TOP REASONS TO BECOME ISN MEMBER AND TO STAY WITH ISN
- Receive regular updates from ISN (Society e-newsletter & email announcements)
- Reduced ISN congress/meeting registration fees
- Opportunity to apply for ISN Grants & Awards
- Free online access to the Journal of Neurochemistry (JNC) - Impact factor 3.842
- Reduced open access publication fee of 1000 USD in the JNC
- Listing/access to member directory (Search for members including by key words)
- Propose symposia, workshops and satellites for ISN meetings
- Right to vote in ISN elections, ISN annual business meetings and by email ballot
- Be nominated, right to nominate candidates for ISN Council and to serve in ISN Committees
- Nominate a candidate for Young Scientist Lectureship Award
MEMBERSHIP* CATEGORIES AND FEES (USD $)
Membership is valid for the calendar year (Jan 1st - Dec 31st)
|Full members||Membership fees|
|One year membership||60|
|Two year membership||100 (save $20)|
|Three year membership||150 (save $30|
|Four year membership||200 (save $40)|
|Five year membership||240 (save $60)|
|Student members||Membership fees|
|Available when you are a student and/or will finish doctoral degree in the respective year. We require annual verification of your current student status. For new student members, membership is complimentary for the year of joining ISN.|
|Year of joining ISN||0|
|One year membership||15|
|Postdoc members||Membership fees|
|Available for up to five years after the year your first doctoral degree was awarded. We require a copy of your doctoral certificate for your first renewal as a postdoc member. For new Postdoc members, membership is complimentary for the year of joining ISN.|
|Year of joining ISN||0|
|One year membership||30|
|Emeritus Members||Membership fees|
|One year membership||0|
ARE YOU THE MEMBERS OF THE ISN SISTER SOCIETY?
If you are a loyal member of one of the ISN Sister Societies, APSN, ASN, or ESN in 2017, ISN will waive your 2017 ISN membership fee. If you are not yet a member of one of our Sister Societies, you only have to join a Sister Society to become a member of ISN and to benefit from free ISN membership. ISN will waive the annual ISN membership fee for a given year for all active members of the ISN Sister Societies.
- APSN: Asian Pacific Society for Neurochemistry (APSN homepage)
- ASN: American Society for Neurochemistry (ASN homepage)
- ESN: European Society for Neurochemistry (ESN homepage)
ECONOMIC FEE WAIVER:
OPEN MEMBERSHIP DUES:
If you have not paid your membership fees in the immediate preceding year, you will be asked to pay fees for all immediately preceding unpaid years including 2017 membership fee.
2017 ISN ANNIVERSARY WAIVER:
Members who have paid ISN membership fee continuously to ISN between 2012-2016 will benefit from a free ISN membership waiver in 2017.
Benefits for continuous ISN membership:
A continuous commitment to ISN will generate additional benefits. Current benefits for continuous ISN membership are:
- Continuous ISN membership and the personal ISN membership history will be considered for all types of ISN support (travel grants, CC, CAEN, Schools, ...).
- ISN members of all ISN member categories who have paid ISN membership fee continuously for the years 2012 to 2016 will receive the 2017 ISN 50th Anniversary Membership Fee Waiver (free ISN membership for 2017!).
- Members who will have paid ISN membership fee after 2017 for a continuous period of 5 years (and did not qualify for the 2017 ISN 50th Anniversary Membership Fee Waiver) will receive an ISN membership fee waiver for the following 6th year of ISN membership.